About Final Empire
Final Empire is an upper end (Level 105) The Broken Mirror (End Game) raiding guild on the Povar server. We behave with honor and expect those who wear our tag to do the same. We support our members and treat each other with respect, and see the game as a balance between raiding/progression and social interaction.
We do raid a lot and focus on progressing, so for the members who can play a great deal of time, there is loot and high end content. We use a DKP system for loot distribution so the players that do raid more often have more points to spend on loot. Some items are awarded by the leadership, usually epic or quest pieces along with items from pickup non dkp raids.
The guild is run by a leader, a leadership council and class leaders. We have open guild meetings every couple of months to get feedback from members on current issues, to resolve any conflicts and to plan for the future of the guild. Also, the leadership has an open door policy concerning member concerns or difficulties and we pride ourselves on being very responsive.
So, if you are looking to be part of a team environment that focuses on progressing to the highest content of the game, Final Empire may be perfect for you. If you have any questions about the guild please contact Istraa.
The following are Final Empires Rules and Regulations. Keep in mind that just because it is not written here it is not evidence that a specific behavior is acceptable.
We expect every member to bring honor and pride to our guild tag by acting with common sense. Below is a list of general rules, however common sense and good judgement are a precursor to any rule. If you think something might be considered 'wrong,' it probably is...
- Always act with honor and play fair.
- No Flaming. If you have a problem with another member, make every attempt to deal with the problem between yourselves. If that isn't possible, bring it to the attention of an officer and we will try to assist you in dealing with it. You are permitted your opinion and thoughts, but don't just flame another person, there are people behind the monitor with feelings. If another member verbally assaults you, get a screenshot and bring it to the attention of an officer. Do not escalate or inflame the situation.
- Do not disrespect or disregard any officer or raid leaders instructions. You are allowed to disagree with an officer, but you cannot disrespect nor disregard what they say. Everyone is entitled to their opinion however; give your opinion and let it go, it is up to them to discuss it amongst each other and decide whether to include your suggestion.
- All members are expected to wear the Final Empire tag with pride at all times (unless given specific instructions or permission to the contrary). In other words, do not run around Norrath with /anon on.
- One of our goals is improvement and frequently members will receive constructive feedback in an attempt to better their play. If you are hypersensitive or easily offended, please think twice about applying. We WILL give you feedback. It is part of the continual learning process in the game. That said, we are happy to hear constructive comments from you as well.
- All members need to keep updated Magelos. This is very important for guild recruitment. Members won't be able to bid on loot until they have their updated Magelos. Magelos must be updated once a month.
- All raiding members of FE must have a solid, consistent internet connection and a decent computer. Constant lagging and/or ld'ing due to bad internet or computer is unacceptable.
- All raiders are required to have and use a SHRINK item(chanters are the only exception to the shrink rule, HEAL POTS, a method of INVIS and a method of LEVI
Attitude & Conduct
You are to conduct yourself with maturity and respect. Every member's attitude and conduct are a direct reflection of this guild. The following are basic guidelines for expected behavior:
- Everyone is entitled to an opinion, you are to respect that opinion and not flame them for it.
- You are required to conduct yourself in a manner which we can be proud of. We will not tolerate /ooc disputes, ninja looting or kill stealing.
- Arguments and disputes should be handled in tells, not guild/group/public channels.
- Try to refrain from saying things in guild that would or could start an argument.
- Listen to leaders the first time they tell you to do something. If you want to disagree do it via tells after the raid or situation is over.
- If you leave Final Empire on good terms you are welcome to come back once. However; coming back will result in a DKP wipe. If you leave again, the leadership has discretion on who is invited back and it may go to the applicant council for a vote.
Whether you are on a raid with Final Empire or with another guild, ALWAYS act with decency, honor and most of all COMMON SENSE!
- It is your responsibility to know where and how to get to any raid location. Don't log on 5 mins before the raid and complain you don't know how to get there. You can find maps online and check the message board for help. It is a requirement for every member to have in game maps.
- It is required to install and use the FE Audio Triggers for raids. This is not optional. If you don't have speakers or headphones and/or refuse to get them, this is not the guild for you.
- You must follow the raid leaders instructions at all times no matter what the situation. If the raid leader says to kill pets, get back, don't pass, INSTANT COMPLIANCE TO RAID INSTRUCTIONS IS MANDATORY.
- Do NOT 'ninja-afk.' Additionally, do not go AFK during an encounter unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Assist the MA at all times. Do not break mez.
- Do not precharge mobs. We have a main assist for more than one reason. You are to wait for their ASSIST call, not just their pull call. If assist isn't called attack the mob at 90% unless told otherwise.
- All NON RAID CHAT needs to go to the GUILD channel NOT RAID SAY. Do not ask for buffs, say grats, chit chat etc.
- ALL hotkeys (SLOW, MEZ, CHARM etc) should be in your group or class/team channel not raid say.
- Do not ask for buffs in raid say or guild chat. Message the SPECIFIC class member and ask them for whatever buff you need. There are NO exceptions to this rule. To find out what classes people are press ALT + R to bring up a "raid management tool" who will show you who is at the raid. Sending a person tells makes it easier for them because they can type /rt and it will target the person who last sent them a tell.
- We may compete with other guilds for the same target. This will not be taken lightly nor in an immature capacity. You may NOT debate it in public channels. The raid leader or guild leader will decide the course of action, and you are expected to follow their decision.
- Arguing during a raid will not be tolerated.
- You are not to publicly question the authority or instructions of any raid leader or officer. If you have a concern, or suggestion you are to do that in tells. Do not get frustrated and irritated if they do not respond (think if all 50+ ppl were sending them a tell).
- The ONLY people allowed to give orders are those who are put in charge specifically by the raid leaders or an officer. This is to help with confusion since not everyone does things the same way.
- If you are a pet class: pet hold is required and you are required to always have your pet on hold. If you do not have pet hold do not make a pet. If kill pets is stated by a raid leader you are to kill your pet immediately.
Final Empire is first and foremost a Raid Guild. As such, the following is a basic guideline for raiding:
- Our set raid days are Sunday (5pm-10pm cst) and Monday, Tuesday and Thursday (7:30pm-11:00pm cst). We may have raids scheduled in advance for our off nights. However, this does not preclude a raid from being called at any other time during the week.
- If you are online, you are expected to attend any raid that is called. The only exceptions are those approved by an officer or raid leader or you are unable to attend the raid due to circumstances out of your control (no raid spots, no piggie spots, too late to reach us). When you are not at a raid, but online, you are expected to be improving yourself whether it be getting AA's or farming for items.
- Priority in this guild will always be based on raid attendance. As stated above, more play = more say.
- Our main focus at this time is to raid high end content. This implies a cycle of farming will be necessary in order to advance to the next level of progression. All participation is welcome, regardless of how much time you can spend online for a particular raid.
- Raid attendance is required to be 50%. Anyone not posted in the extended AFK section will be removed after 30 days of not raiding. AFK's of 90 days or more may result in either being removed from the guild or being placed as FnF at the discretion of the leadership.
- Any member falling under 50% attendance for 90 days will be put on Restricted Loot (RL)
- Anyone falling under 35% attendance for 60 days (without reasonable, short term cause) will be moved to FnF or removed from the guild.
- Maintaining your RA ensures Full Member privileges such as, the ability to bid on loots at all prices, Magelo and AA bonuses, etc.
DKP & Loot
Loot will be handled the following ways:
- All raid loot will be handled by designated looters.
- Loot is awarded with our DKP system. Members receive one DKP point per hour of raiding. They must use the points they have acquired to bid on items, in the quest to meet guild requirements and goals. Some loot is awarded by officers, such as zone keys and quest items.
- On all raids, Loot distribution will follow this layout: 100% DKP price open to Mains. The price will decrease in increments of 5. Loot opens up to RLs at 45 and Apps at 15 for gear and 10 for weapons. If there are no bidders at the lowest price, the item rots and may be awarded to FnF if they are in the raid or sold for platinum to alts or bots.
- In the event of a tie on an item, it will be awarded based on highest 90 day RA, if there is a tie with the 90 day RA check it is then awarded to the person with highest lifetime earned dkp
- Non-DKP pickup raids use either random loot distribution or leader awarded depending on the situation.
- Members may only go -10 dkp and may only go negative if an item would otherwise rot. Leadership may make exceptions to this when it comes to class-only items or class-defining items.
- Members are responsible to know if they are on RESTRICTED LOOT (RL) status. It is posted on the DKP page and applies mainly to members who's raid percentage goes below 50%.
- All members need to keep updated Magelos. This is very important for guild recruitment. Members won't be able to bid on loot until they have their updated Magelos. Magelos must be updated at least once a month.
Our members are what make our guild. Members are strongly encouraged to participate in guild chat.
- When grouping, always try to fill empty spots with guild members.
- We encourage everyone to use Ventrillo during raids and even on off times. You will find this information on the message board.
- Although Ventrillo is a different mode of interaction, the same rules for respecting your fellow guildmates is still required.
- While 'cliques' are a normal part of any guild, members are encouraged to group with all guildmates.
Flags and Raid Spots
Final Empire's policy on piggie backs and flags is as follows:
- Full members have priority when it comes to flags or piggie backs into our raids. However, officers and raid leaders reserve the right to decide the structure of the raid regardless of membership status. Also, applicants will frequently be rotated in to raids in favor of full members so we can evaluate their play ability.
- Full members will have priority over all key and flag drops. This may be vetoed at the discretion of the officers.
- Priority on piggie backs and keys is generally decided by raid attendance, and is not given on a 'first come, first serve' basis. All decisions are final.
Our guild recognizes that real life will always come before Everquest. However, do not use 'real life' as an excuse to 'mask' disinterest in the game. All members are expected to be active.
- If for any reason you will be unable to play for any extended period of time you are expected to post a message on the boards regarding when, why and how long until you expect to be back.
- If you are a casual player you must understand that priority will be given to our members who play full time. The guild has Friends and Family (FnF) status for the casual players.
- More play = more say. Inactive members should show appropriate restraint regarding posting to forums topics about in game issues, applications, progression, etc.
- If a raid is full, members with a 90-day raiding percent under 50% are not guaranteed their spot. However, if they are asked to sit out, in order to get credit for the raid they must remain logged in and join the "waiting" channel while raids are still in progress. Also, if you arrive late to a full raid and have to wait for a spot to open, join the "waiting" channel and you will get credit for any subsequent raid dumps while you wait for a spot. Keep in mind, waiting for your spot means being at your computer and doing something productive while you wait. As spots open up in the raid you may be invited to join us. Invites will be sent to people on the "wait" list. If there is no response from an individual, there is a chance that you will not be given DKP for that hour. If you're waiting for a chance to join the raid, you must take the invite when it comes in order to receive credit.
Alts & Bots
Final Empire's policy on Alts / Bots is as follows:
- An Alt (same account) or Bot (different account) must be level 65 to get a tag.
- A main character will always have priority for a raid spot over any alt or bot during raids, unless a specific class is needed.
- ALTs/BOTs do not receive DKP and are NOT a guild priority. Complaining about lack of love for one's BOT/ALT will fall on deaf ears and will not be tolerated. Each full member is here for their Main character. Any other characters are not the responsibility of the guild and they may or may not receive rotting loot or flags.
- A switch to another Main character is possible in some circumstances and must receive approval from the Leader.
You are expected to self improve with every aspect of your character. This guild will not hold anyone's hand, members are expected to take responsibility for themselves.
- You are expected to obtain all needed spells/runes for your class that is beneficial to our raids or in our groups.
- You are expected to acquire all suggested AA's for your class, with particular emphasis being place on AA's that have a raid application.
- You are expected to provide yourself with whatever upgrades possible through groups and purchases.
- You are expected to have augs in all pieces of gear, empty aug slots are not acceptable. Check the forums for the current aug standard.
- When not raiding, you are expected to make obtaining all flags and required group tasks your number one priority.